Thursday, August 26, 2004

I'm back I think

One of the interesting things about road-tripping with Lauren is that i have a very limited allowance of time to put any kind of jazz in the cd player, and when i do i typically just worry that she doesn't like it and that maybe i should just say to hell with it and put in something with a beat and she probably didn't even dig the way he just played that alt chord and..... and so over about 5 days i end up listening to about 3 jazz discs very half-heartedly. And that's ok. No, really, it is. I get in touch with some of the other wonderful music that's happening these days such as: Dave Mathews. Especially Listener Supported. It's just plain killin' all the way through. Ben Harper. Earthy, soulful, spiritual, good music. Sarah McLachlin. She's just about it for me. Every time i hear her i get pretty buzzed. Even Fiona Apple is killin'. How's that for breaking the jazz snob mold, huh? Anyway, i'm back and good ol' Keith Jarrett gave me a nice little slap in the face last night.

I think i'm going to live in Portland, OR next summer with Lauren. I've actually heard really good things about the scene there, and i saw some encouraging signs the few days we were there, but we didn't check any of it out.
The tattoo's bombin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home