Saturday, August 07, 2004

A Blind Guy Who's Really Into Picasso

Check out this article
on Coltrane's later years and tell me what you think. I personally almost feel sorry for the guy that wrote it, having wasted so much of his time trying interpret things that he is wholly unprepared for. It reminds me of the kind of ideas i would cultivate when i was around 10 or so. I'm not saying that everything is completely off the mark; it's actually quite interesting on an informational level, but it's written by an atheist(no offense to any atheists out there, just don't start formulating any grandoise ideas about coltrane's spiritual path) who takes a very analytical, very literal view of things. One of the many flaws is that he approaches time in a linear sense(says he's pretty sure coltrane thought Om was the Big Bang) without even realizing that coltrane was dealing with eternity. but don't take my word for it.....

Thanks Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home