Saturday, August 07, 2004

Randoms

I think my favourite Josh Redman is Passage of Time, over Ya-Ya 3(honestly, i think he's square as hell on that record). Aaron Goldberg is a really good pianist that i don't really hear much from. the compositions on this record are really happening, too.
---------------

I listened to the Ornette Coleman Trio Live at the Golden Circle last night. It's definately some of my favourite Ornette i've heard. The trio is very different than his quartet; the drummer, David Izenzon, has quite a bit to say. I find the way ornette plays really up tempos that he can't possibly manage pretty fascinating. People should get their technique up to par and then go listen to this or some Wayne Shorter(Plugged Nickel) to learn how to really play these tempos musically. Funny that it takes someone without the chops to really show us what's up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home