Thursday, July 22, 2004

RH Factor

Ok, RH factor is a pretty good album. I'm really not thrilled with every thing Hargrove plays, but the band is pretty killin'. Track 8 is exceptionally hip. Hargrove plays some suprisingly Randy Breckeresqe material on a few of the tracks, but it doesn't really do a whole lot for me. Sadly, very little of his playing ever does. Check it out. The hip hop stuff is nice and the R&B tunes are really pretty good. I just wish ol' RH would have risen to the occation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Mosley said...

I haven't listened to it in a while but i remember feeling basically the same as you. I feel like he played what most trumpet players who listen to a little soul now and then could do. I remember my favourite being Badu.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home