Thursday, July 15, 2004

On The Turn

The "turn," the moving meditaion done by Mevlevi dervishes, originated with Rumi. The story goes that he was walking in the goldsmithing section of Konya when he heard a beautiful music in their hammering. He began turning in harmony with it, an ecstatic dance of surrender and yet with great centered discipline. He arrived at a place where ego dissolves and a resonance with universal soul comes in.

-Excerpt from 'The Essential Rumi'


You have said what you are.
I am what i am.
Your actions in my head,
my head here in my hands
with something circling inside.
I have no name
for what circles
so perfectly.
-Rumi

No better love than love with no object,
no more satisfying work than work with no purpose.

If you could give up tricks and cleverness,
that would be the cleverest trick!

-Rumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home