Thursday, April 26, 2007

Recording Session at the Magic Closet

This past monday and tuesday I was in the Magic Closet recording studio doing the tracking with my quartet for the upcoming cd to be released on Diatic Records. After an un-thrilling first day in which we didn't get much done(I was trying out a big ass fender amp that wasn't working for me) we came back the second day and charged through all ten tunes on the list. There are for sure some rough spots, but what the hell, it's live. I really dug the way Randy Rollofson, Tim Willcox and Bill Athens played my tunes - they really put some effort into pulling it together and go in the direction intended when I wrote them. The playing was all round very strong and the energy and atmosphere seems like it's coming across. We just started mixing this so there is still
alot to listen to.... Many thanks to Bryan Daste for a great job with the engineering!




Unfortunately, Tim wouldn't stop picking his nose long enough to get a proper picture...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home